Pocket hole jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knot Competent

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Dakota jig from Rutlands, 'cause it was cheap! lol The two screwdriver bits were soft as butter, rounded over immediately, and I can't be bothered to return it as the jig itself is OK. So I ordered what seems to be the same screwdriver bits from Axminster, and they've just arrived. They're UJK Torx bits, and have six little fins rather than a square head. Are these something totally different, or will they fit the square holes? I can't get to my workshop till Thursday, and I know it'll go round and round in my head until I know, one way or the other. Can anyone put my mind at rest please, and tell me what I should have ordered? TIA.

Torx is a different type of head altogether. If you've got square headed screws you really should use a square headed driver bit. Try Kreg, their bits are good quality and magnetic. Pricey but wont round off.

The UJK ones are pretty good. I have Axminster's £14 budget UJK jig and it's probably more pain than it's worth when it comes to setting it up but it gets the job done. I probably should have bought the full £70 jig.

I actually got some torx bits from Axminster and accidentally bought the 25 rather than the 20. The UJK screws are made only for T20 bits.

It is a Robertson screwdriver bit that you need. My rutlands ones have been no trouble. Complain and they will probably send new one.

Latest posts

Back