Plywood Discs- newbie needs help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBarnett

Reaction score
I need a few plywood discs to run some design experiments, about 210mm diameter. Drilled for 6 coach bolts around the perimeter, I can supply a drawing. The dimensions aren't too critical at this point. I don't have a bandsaw, can anyone point me in the direction of someone who could make them for me for a smallish fee? I'm in Birmingham.

Thank you!

Mike

Have you a router ?
If so, just make yourself a circle cutting jig. Just like a trammel bar, or maybe you got one with router.

Chris.

do you have any tools????

you could make a small jig, and rub them down on a disc sander when you have taken off the corners. basically drill a small hole in the center, and put a pin in a bit of wood that you can slide down the miter slot, and rotate the wood as it becomes nearer to the size.

or as been said use a router with a circle jig

paul :wink:

Thanks for the link Paul. I do have one or two tools, mostly picked up more or less at random from Lidl and Aldi. So it's a standing start. I have a useful empty garage though. Thanks again you've all been a great help.

Mike

:D I have connections to a speaker manufacturer who cuts the appatures for the speaker cones out of 19mm birch ply then skips the discs.
Try looking for a loud speaker maker. They will be cheep and good quality!

Mike,
How soon do you want these circles?
I am in Brum myself, but I have one or two pressing matters in other areas at the moment.

If it wouldn't take too long, (I.e. you don't want too many of these discs, and you don't want them churned out on a production run (!) I might be able to help.)

Regards

John :)

Latest posts

Back