Plunge saw users, I need advice!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodwork Journey Dean

Established Member
Reaction score
My current tracksaw is the Erbauer which weighs in at 5.62kg (the screwfix website lies).
I have a variety of health issues and so the weight doesn’t do need any good.

The makita is a well respected and affordable Saw and is around 25% lighter at allegedly 4.1kg but I’ve not weighed it.

Lighter is better for my stupid body, so does anyone have any real world experience with the Erbauer/Titan 185mm and the smaller makita, and can tell me if the weight is noticeably different please?

I would recomend the Makita corded as it is a good saw without a silly price tag, you get a solid tool without the bells and whistles but there is a scoring feature. Do a search of these forums and you will find plenty of information and advice.

I would recomend the Makita corded as it is a good saw without a silly price tag, you get a solid tool without the bells and whistles but there is a scoring feature. Do a search of these forums and you will find plenty of information and advice.
Yes, the makita corded seems to be well loved.
It’s the weight difference I wondered about though as those quoted online are wrong - with the Erbauer at least

I had a Titan and ended up throwing it away, possibly the worst tool I ever purchased

Back