• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Plug cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
yep. I like the veritas ones, the tapered type, results have been superb so far.

Zeddedhed

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of the Trend ones in my toolbox for when on site.

In the workshop I use the Fisch ones, which are better than any I've tried before, including the Veritas ones. Incredibly fast and smooth cutting, no skating about on start up and lovely even clean plugs.

Not cheap though.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
interestingly I use fisch drill bits, the HSS brad point ones made in austria and they are amazing, ultra clean holes, it doesn't surprise me that their plug cutters are better than veritas.

screwpainting

Established Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 20 quid set to play with but I must say, from what I've read and the videos I just watched , the Fisch bits do seem worth the extra.
Thanks for the replies.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I have some Trend ones which I always thought were fine but got the Veritas ones after hearing good reports and yes they are better but now looks like I will have to check out the Fisch version #-o

Spectric

Established Member
Reaction score
Look at Wealdon tools, do the plug cutters and also hole cutters that take the plugs which are good for hiding fixings.

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
Had the Trend ones, bought the Fisch brad point bits, fell in love with them and ended up buying the matching plug cutters. They're great combo especially since the hole the brad points leave is damned near perfect. I did like the slight taper on the Trend plugs compared to the straight ones from the Fisch bits though.