Please remember to clear your desks on the way out....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fantastic way to drive up our national debt, by crippling the bank we have paid so much to rescue.

Stupid policy, kneejerk reaction to some pretty ill-formed public opinion.

Are these people as dumb as they appear to be? Or maybe they think it's us that's dumb!

'...... it would intend to pay £2bn in bonuses for its performance in 2009.

Such payments will be hugely contentious, given that Royal Bank of Scotland is only alive as a group thanks to hundreds of billions of pounds of loans, guarantees, insurance and investment provided to it by taxpayers.'

Were it me I'd just be grateful to still have a job. A***holes.

Sorry Jake, don't agree. Performance related bonus maybe, after they've paid back every penny owed to taxpayers, including interest.

hi studders

Sorry Jake, don't agree. Performance related bonus maybe, after they've paid back every penny owed to taxpayers, including interest.

couldnt have put it better .

Bankers, mp's scandel, civil servants bonuses which group of workers next ? how long can this country carry on like this ?. hc

These are the very same individuals who proved themselves to be totally incompetent in their investment decisions in the lead up to the crash only two years ago.

Yet now they have to be given huge bonuses in order to keep them from defecting...

:duno:

I don't often agree with Anatole Kaletsky in the Times, but he is spot on this time.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 943418.ece

Cheers
Brad

BradNaylor":2rulpydt said:
I don't often agree with Anatole Kaletsky in the Times, but he is spot on this time.

Cheers
Brad

I think so to but then I've never quite understood how taking big risks, with other peoples money, was worthy of huge rewards to an individual. If they're that good wouldn't they be doing it for themselves, with their money, or is that too risky for them?
What happened to the idea that you 'did your job' else lose it? Surely these people are paid highly enough as it is without having to base their loyalties on wether or not they get a bonus for doing what they're paid for?

BradNaylor":1pf5zi9t said:
These are the very same individuals who proved themselves to be totally incompetent in their investment decisions in the lead up to the crash only two years ago.

Yet now they have to be given huge bonuses in order to keep them from defecting...

:duno:

I've never understood this point either.

If RBS had got rid of the "bad eggs" after the dung hit the fan, and these bonuses were being paid to new employees, then fair enough. But if it is the same bunch of individuals who brought the banking system to its knees, then why do they deserve the bonus?

Cheers

Karl

I think we're mostly all in agreement, call their bluff. I agree that they need to be given some freedom in order to return to profit and pay the govt back, but not the freedom they had before.

If the banking sector believe that their job market is in such a healthy state that their "top" performers - what a joke - will walk straight into new jobs on the continent then they're living in a world of make believe.

studders":31jislty said:
but then I've never quite understood how taking big risks, with other peoples money, was worthy of huge rewards to an individual.

Any silly person can make millions if he's gambling with other peoples money.

If you put £1 million on a trade and it wins you get a nice fat bonus, if it looses the bank picks up the loss. It's true if you loose a lot of times over 4 or 5 years you may get sacked but most of these so called 'whizz kid' traders only reckon to do the job for 5 or so years anyway.

People need to understand that they are gamblers, just the same as those you see at the poker wheels or the horse racing. They do not, nor can they ever know what way a trade will go, but since it's not their money they don't care.

As studders says if they were betting their own money it would be a different story.

I forgot to mention the bit in the article that pointed out that, potentially(sp) the Banks can borrow money from the Bank of England, for nowt, and then lend it out at interest, maybe even back to the Goverment. Surely that can't be right? :duno:

As a life long Tory (now who'd have guessed that? :lol: ) I would point out that if merit accounted for anything at all the most obvious candidate for Chancellor would have to be the one man who warned and warned and warned. Vince Cable!
Talk about 'lone voices crying in the wilderness' or 'prophets without honour in their own land'!

Roy.

Why dont they pay the 2 Billion in bonus but add 2 billion to the total they pay back to the tax payer. for every £1.00 paid in bonus they give us £1.00 for allowing them to play with our money!

Latest posts

Back