Please advise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which saw bench would you buy?

• Axminster AW12BSB2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sip 01332

• Record TS250SB

• Total voters

Koos

Reaction score
Hello,

As others before I would like to buy a saw bench and I'm considering my options. Unfortunately it seems that all the benches I like are only sold in the UK. And a trip to England to check them out myself would take a big chuck out of my budget...

The only machine that is sold in the Netherlands, the Kity 619, isn't as stable as I would prefer, particularly the sliding table is a bit wobbly.

I think I will go for the Axminster AW12BSB2, but before I am going to order it, I really would like to hear some experiences of people who are working with it or have a review of it. (Haven't found a review on the internet yet).

I'm going to use it mostly for working with tropical hard wood, like Ebony and Coromandel.

Some of the other machines I'm considering:
- Sip 01332
- Fox F36-530 10
- Record TS250SB

I would love to hear the pro's and con's of these machines... Please feel free.. ;)

I have the 10" version of the Axminster and a friend has the SIP model, they are both solid machines and I don't think that there is much between them.

Koos, like Martin I am biased toward the Axminster machine as I own one myself, however I also support Martin`s view about there being few differences between the Axi and the SIP models..

my thoughts are that they all seem to be clones and as such wont be anything but cosmetic differences between them.

you might try checking out the DEFT line of table saws, as the few members who own them here seem to be happy with them.

HTH

i have the SIP and I cannot fault it. It was a big upgrade from my b&q tablesaw, and the rip fence is amazingly accurate. I thought i mgight need to replace it with an aftermarket system, but so far i have not made an inaccurate cut.

It has plenty of power and i find will run happily off a domestic 3 pin plug

regards,

michael[/code]

Don't be daft!! Poll to choose a tablesaw.

Read posts and go to SEE the saws before deciding

Look for local dealers of professional and semi-professional machinery.

A very quick search turned up this one (no idea if they're local) who appear to offer the full range from Lurem and Jet.

http://www.lurem.nl/

Most of these places have a stock of used machines from trade-ins and upgrades.

A used (but refurbished/serviced) pro machine like a Casadei or Lurem will make the Axminster, SIP etc seem like toys by comparison.

Plus you'll be able to arrange delivery and installation.

And you get to try the machines before you buy. Take along a few samples of your wood so you can be sure the machine will do the job it's needed for.

KITY are in receivership again by the way...

Tony":192yen05 said:

Come on Tony read the guys post, he lives in the Netherlands so can't exactly nip down to Axminster for a quick go!

Chems":trcjrxuc said:
Tony":trcjrxuc said:

Come on Tony read the guys post, he lives in the Netherlands so can't exactly nip down to Axminster for a quick go!

that may not be as daft as it sounds though - i wonder how much the ferry europort to harwich is - if you want any ammount of machinery it might be cheaper to pop over for a weekend and take a van or estate car to axmnster buy everything you need and go back than to pay individual shipping charges for importing all sorts of bits of kit.

Thanks a lot for all your replies! This really helps to make up my mind.

@Tony: I just thought the poll was a fun and quick way to see which machine is in favour. Of course I'm not only basing my decision upon it.

@Steve: Thanks for the tip. Unfortunetaly the Lurum is a bit above my budget. The Jet would fit in my budget, but the Jet is 600 Euro's cheaper in the UK and I think it isn't in the same range as the Axminster or the SIP, or am I mistaken?

I've visited several suppliers in the Netherlands last year and I've searched the internet for reviews and comments about different tablesaws, that's why I found out that the tablesaws in the UK are at least 600 Euro's cheaper as in the Netherlands. So I could buy a lot more saw for the same budget if I buy one in the UK. A trip to England would cost me something around 200 Euro and that means 200 Euro less to spend on the saw.

That's why I'm looking for the opinion of people how are working with these kind of machines, because I expect your opinion to be a lot more objective as the opinion of a salesmen...

Koos dag jonge hoe ist het met jou ?
Waar zit je in Nederland ?

The one thing you failed to mention is that - kracht of normaal stroom ?

with 3phase[ kracht stroom] you can get some really decent machinery at good prices. get in touch either by pm or email as I am in Amsterdam for another 10 days and might be able to help you out.

hs

Back