Platter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ad de Crom

Established Member
Reaction score
Has lying around in my wood store loads of square beech beams of 50mm, which I got, always the question what to do with this stuff.
After thinking, I decided to made this platter out of this beams.
Hope you like it.....??
Ad
100_2175 - beukenhouten bord 310mm met eikenhouten motief.jpg

Attachments

• 100_2175 - beukenhouten bord 310mm met eikenhouten motief.jpg
    100_2175 - beukenhouten bord 310mm met eikenhouten motief.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 636
Looks good, I would love to know how you assembled it, I was given cutting of Ask, Oak last week and if I can think of something half as nice..

Steven":1ipjgvqt said:
Looks good, I would love to know how you assembled it, I was given cutting of Ask, Oak last week and if I can think of something half as nice..
Thanks Steven, here a picture of how I assembled the whole construction, it looks a bit like a mess :mrgreen:
100_2173 - gelijmde constructie bord.jpg

Attachments

• 100_2173 - gelijmde constructie bord.jpg
    100_2173 - gelijmde constructie bord.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 598
myturn":1gd6ofjl said:
Great idea and very nicely made Ad. I like the finish too, not too shiny.

What's the other wood?
It's written under the picture, sorry I did it in Dutch, but the other wood is oak
Ad

Ad de Crom":3ldd6r32 said:
It's written under the picture, sorry I did it in Dutch, but the other wood is oak
Ad
Ah, I didn't pay any attention but I remember Eiche as German for Oak so if I'd read it properly I might have deduced that, and having now looked it up Buche is German for beech which is not dissimilar to beuken. :)

A lovely platter whatever the language.

Latest posts

Back