Plate Rack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just fiished this (well almost - just a bit more painting to do).

It's based on one I saw in a Chalon kitchen. It's all beech, mostly solid but some veneered MDF panels as well.

The carcass itself what very simple to make but making all of the supports was trick. I made a template and then used the router table to follow the template. They fit in grooves router into the shelves which were also tricky to keep perfectly aligned.

PlateRack.jpg

I'm currently working on a larder unit and will post some more pics when it's finished. Eventually I intend to do the entire kitchen but that might take a while.

Any comments are welcome

Cheers
Mike

That does look very nice, even though you have painted solid wood... :roll: :wink: :)

OPJ":327fjm6d said:
That does look very nice, even though you have painted solid wood... :roll: :wink: :)

It's only beech for goodness sake!

I've only painted the outside, the inside is stained and Danish oiled.

Mike

I quite like this unit... nothing wrong with a painted finish in my view, works very well and it is just beech, english walnut would have been a different kettle of worms - Rob

Very nice, I've been in the Chalon shop in Harrogate and a piece like that would probably have cost you around £2k or more. Out of interest, what paint have you used?

tsb":3cajetss said:
Very nice, I've been in the Chalon shop in Harrogate and a piece like that would probably have cost you around £2k or more. Out of interest, what paint have you used?

What a coincidence. I saw it in the Chalon shop in Harrogate and had a good look at everything in there. It's good stuff but it should be; our kitchen is about 13x17 feet and they said it would be £40-£70k depending an what we wanted! That's why I decided to make it bit by bit.

It's had a couple of coats of primer/undercoat and then Farrow and Ball castle grey http://www.farrow-ball.com/productdetai ... uage=en-GB which I have to say is very, very nice to use (and I hate painting).

Cheers
Mike

woodbloke":p9c53q4t said:
I quite like this unit... nothing wrong with a painted finish in my view, works very well and it is just beech, english walnut would have been a different kettle of worms - Rob

Couldn't agree more

Latest posts

Back