Plantation Shutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNight

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to make some plantation shutters but I am struggling to find anything in the way of hardware for keeping the louvres under tension. Has anyone made any of these before? And could they give some info on how to keep them under tension. From what I can find, most have some sort of pin that has adjustable tension. But I can not find anywhere that supply these. Thanks.

SNight":qn72pbl0 said:
I want to make some plantation shutters but I am struggling to find anything in the way of hardware for keeping the louvres under tension. Has anyone made any of these before? And could they give some info on how to keep them under tension. From what I can find, most have some sort of pin that has adjustable tension. But I can not find anywhere that supply these. Thanks.

The method I have seen is to use a screw through the frame into a slat instead of a pin in one of the center slats.

Screw Loose":3ndiqxmv said:
JFC":3ndiqxmv said:

Talk about blow your own trumpet :roll:

I think this shows exceptional self control - a whole 13 minutes (ish) before replying.

Mind you, when you see the results it it quite understandable (and fully justified) to publicise your efforts.

The only downside I've found is that SWMBO has 'suggested' a number of windows and french doors that would be enhanced by the addition of plantation shutters. As always, I think she's right!

Misterfish

Back