Plans required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BECKS

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, I am looking for some plans for a small table top apothecary chest with a free standing
Tiered display rack on top. I have spent quite a bit of time searching the web without luck.
Can anybody here help please?

Thanks Malcolm, but I cannot enter their site without signing up first. Having had major problems in the past with similar sites spamming me, I am reluctant to go further. Love your boxes by the way

Thanks for taking the time to post the links Al. Not really what I'm looking for though.
What I'm after is a much smaller piece, like a miniature chest of drawers say 400x300x200mm.
4 drawers maybe. On top of this, I want a open, tiered unit (like a stair) to display small bottles.
Don't want too seem ungrateful for your suggestions, I have a picture in my mind of what I want,
It's just finding it that's the problem!

Sorry for not reading your OP with more attention.

You have looked but not found what you wanted.

So take the first URL I gave you, make it 4 drawer sized and extend the sides up about 300/400 mm and tier it back. Shelves could be joined by small mortices through the sides.

A drawing on paper/white mdf at full size would solve all jointing issues with just a couple of elevations and you could use it to measure parts off by marking with a knife.

Al

What Al has described is pretty much how I made this cutlery canteen.

I just used box joints for the drawers instead. :wink:

Thanks again for your help, I have found a short video on utube for a small chest, it was inspired by good old Norm. Unfortunately the episode I want is not on utube. Is there a way of accessing New Yankee workshop bids without signing up to yet another site that bombards you with #### you don't
want? Sorry if I sound paranoid about these sites but believe me I have good reason!

If you can't find exactly what you want, why not have a go at making your own plans? It doesn't sound like a difficult piece to design.

Brentingby":2ktlt6cs said:
If you can't find exactly what you want, why not have a go at making your own plans? It doesn't sound like a difficult piece to design.

Design is my weak point mate, I'm just a simple carpenter who does an odd bit of joinery. Can't use sketchup or any cad stuff. Not to worry, I'll find a fag packet and come up with something.

Becks, I like the idea of the much maligned fag packet.
Used for many a good job in the past,
I guess you have already thought of copying an apothecary coffee table and add a glass, or combination display top.
I have had a hunt around and, as you say, nothing about!
I'm afraid the fag packet will win the day.
Regards Rodders

BECKS":1szqxrhu said:
Brentingby":1szqxrhu said:

Design is my weak point mate, I'm just a simple carpenter who does an odd bit of joinery. Can't use sketchup or any cad stuff. Not to worry, I'll find a fag packet and come up with something.

Maybe you could get Graham to draw it up for you. No harm asking.

Back