planers...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarkin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of gettign a new planer to go with my new thicknesser, was thinking of the Axminster CT1502, but then I spotted the Fox F22567 over at Rutlands for 300 squids. They have very similar specs, but has anyone used the Fox (I know lots of people have the Axminster on here), and is the Axminster worth £90 more? :-k

Appreciate the advice.

Hi Tarkin,

Sorry i haven't used either but im sure someone who has will post shortly.

Have you looked at the thread about the axminster planer and thicknesser?

Happy planing

Julian

Hi Ewan,

The Axminster is only £45 more at the moment... Also wouldn't the Axminster be free delivery, whereas the Fox is another £20?

Re: the machines themselves, they look very similar. At first I thought the Fox had the US-style blade guard (as shown in the picture) but it appears from the description that there is a CE certified SUVA blade guard instead, like on the Axminster. So the only real difference visible from the pics is the fact that the adjustment wheels are on the front on the Axminster model - I've heard complaints that these are easily knocked.

With the true price difference being only £25 I would still go for the Axminster, though, just because I would much rather deal with them as a company - especially if anything went wrong :roll:

Cheers,
Neil

The Axminster is only £45 more at the moment...

I hadn't noticed that! :lol:

In that case I think I probably will go for the axminster, as you say, they are a better company to deal with (Had some horrendous problmes with rutlands in the past). I've read quite a bit about the CT1502 on here, including the complaints about the front hand wheels.....but your getting a huge lump of cast iron for not that much money IMHO, so I'd expect at least a couple of flaws...

[/quote]

Good decision, Ewan - let us know how you get on with it :D

Cheers,
Neil

Back