• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Planer Thicknesser North / North West

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomW

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a smallish planer thicknesser, preferably with cast iron beds.
Only a hobbyist so not looking for anything industrial and hopefully well south of a grand.

Lancashire based and can collect but could travel a little further out into Yorkshire for example for the right thing.

Don't mind something that needs a bit of cleaning but needs to be complete and working.

I've got an elu model ept 1151(?)
equivalent of a dewalt DW1150.

Works fine, but ideally wants a new NVR switch and blade guard.
Comes with a spare pair of (new) blades.

I'm hoping for £350? Collected from Leeds

Tom, dont worry about the cast iron V'rs alloy on low budget machines.....
my Elu ept1151 came out of a small plastic sign makers unit....3ph tho...I believe some were dual voltage...?.
a great peice of kit but still a bit heavy to move around ....I bought it to chuck in the van when working away....
really needs a table/rolling bench.....
would I buy another one like that ....most def....

Thanks all, having looked for a while sods law one came up not too far away so am the owner of a Sheppach hms 2600 ci, with a delightful colour scheme to match the bandsaw I've come into too. Monkey sick beige and blue, not sure who signed off on that but it seems sturdy enough and I've just got to learn to use the thing.

Back