Planer problems!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
i am having problems with my jet planer at the moment and wonder if anyone has had a similar issue. when i press the start button it runs for a second or two and then stops? Dodge recommended I try the run capacitor which I did but still no luck. I am thinking it is the switch that is at fault but am not sure. when it cuts out I can hear the switch click. If i keep the start button pressed in it still does the same and cuts out. Can anyone help?

I would if I knew which wires it was, there are 7 terminals on the switch!? I am afraid I am a dummy when it comes to electric motors. :oops:

I had a similar problem on a bandsaw which I bought secondhand - it worked perfectly at the guy's house and then kept on cutting out when I got it home. Turned out it was sawdust inside the NVR switch which had shifted when I'd moved the saw and clogged the switch up a bit, stopping the magnet inside the switch working properly to keep the unit running - a thorough clean with a vacuum sorted it out. If you can see inside or easily open the switch maybe just check there's not too much dust inside there, or even just try holding the switch pressed in for a few seconds - if it keeps running til you release it then it could be a problem with the NVR. Hope that helps!

Like simon says dust in the switch. I remember Mr 9 fingers diagnosing this on someones machine.

Thanks guys, it's up and running again. Yes and it was dust in the switch! pretty surprising as it is a sealed unit. I managed to blow through some small holes alongside the terminals and around the buttons and this seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all the advice guys, now i can crack on with the oak units again. :D

Latest posts

Back