Plane I.D.?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Water-Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
Another mystery plane thread i'm afraid.
I know it's a bitsa unless record made planes in the states and gave them a multi coloured finish.
The frog is a record and stamped war finish but the sole only has made in USA, no numbers name or size though it's a no 4 size and identical pattern to a stanley.
Any ideas

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=10359711636

I often buy broken planes at car boot sales for very little money and make up good ones to sell and often end up with odd bits that get put together then it will be sold off in a job lot of junk tools

Any reason why stanley would have cast soles with out any details on it?.

It's currently in the de rusting bath so i can check it for cracks, it's future is currently unknown.

Hi,
The plane body seems that of a Millers Falls plane.

jt6tf6.jpg

Ciao
Giuliano :D

That's exactly it thanks.
Looks like all the parts are accounted for now, though none of them seem to belong together.

wizard":j7m84ynn said:
I often buy broken planes at car boot sales for very little money and make up good ones to sell and often end up with odd bits that get put together then it will be sold off in a job lot of junk tools

This is common - it's why the Stanley dating guide, where possible, uses features on the main casting.

BugBear

Back