Pigeon loft design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
Grandson wants beginners one pair pigeon-loft making. Simple design with matchboard (I've got a lot of it)
Any good designs out there!
I'll get me drawing board out anyway.
Any recommended books?

Last edited:
Have taken the first step - which is to explain how you don't just go into the workshop and start nailing the thing together - you have to think about it first, i.e. "design" it.
First principle of good design is to copy - so he's having a look at stuff on line and hopefully might do a bit of a sketch with some measurements and some ideas about what is needed.
Should I be showing him first how to use a drawing board? Maybe a good idea - it's simple stuff and once learnt never forgotten.

my dad was a pigeon racer. if he's racing he will need a totally different set up( flying widowhood or natural?)

join a homing union and get a flat cap. if he's just enjoying the fithers then disregard this gibberish. it really is a totally different world and popular in Belgium.

Make sure it's cat proof. My dad lost a few birds to the local cats - then he bought an airgun for some reason?

Have taken the first step - which is to explain how you don't just go into the workshop and start nailing the thing together - you have to think about it first, i.e. "design" it.

Pffft

Back