Picture test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out int shed

Established Member
Reaction score
American black walnut floor in my dining room, was a buggar to finish considering the dining room has the most amount of foot traffic.

Was always having to remember which boards were wet and which were dry!

img/http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=825315&id=578725648/img

you forgot to use these [] []

and you needed to paste in the location not the address

this bit http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak- ... 5_3267.jpg

and this is what you tried to post

n578725648_825315_3267.jpg

very nice floor. =D>

The wood is from a company called international timber. I had them machined up with a secret nail tongue.

The stuffs not cheap, I only got it due to a fortunate staff discount I can get. Cant remember the exact price but if you were interested I can easily find out for you.

They're 1x6 boards, random length so it was fun making sure I didn't produce too much waste.

The most unusual floor in my house is a Siberian larch. Some guy at work ordered a sample of bark and the chap on the other line misheard and sent larch! It machined up luvely and has now developed a distinctive 'tiger stripe' pattern. As soon as I get a picture hosting account ill post some shots.

Imageshack is a useful one, because you don't need to have an account in order to upload pictures. But if you do have one it'll keep track of the photos you have uploaded.

Having tried 2 previous hosting sites that subsequently closed, causing all sorts of inconvenience, I now use Google Picasa on the basis that it is not likely to close down!

Yes it might be the time to leave Flickr

Yahoo have ended the employment of George Oates - the guy who designed the Flickr interface, and along with Caterina Fake and Stewart Butterfield, made Flickr what it was before Yahoo bought it out, and started meddling.

George was the main reason Flickr looks the way it does, and works the way it does.

This is probably the signal to start building a mass Flickr export tool - or maybe a migration tool to move everything you have in Flickr to one of it’s competitors - Picasa would be a good bet at the moment.

In a way, the impending doom - or uncertainty - surrounding Flickr is a wake-up call to those who use the “cloud” as a primary storage for their data. While you might not like it, having your own backups stored somewhere safe is still a better option than trusting some corporate behemoth to look after your data for you.

It’s a shame in many ways - Flickr was by far the best photo sharing website in existence, with a real sense of community and a loyal membership. Granted, their file uploading application was perhaps the worst engineered piece of software in the known universe, but the online experience more than compensated.

Time to crack out my python skills and start migrating I guess…

Thats really nice, I've just sent about 5 cubic metres of black walnut for end-matched flooring so it'll be nice to see what its like when it comes back.

Lord Nibbo":2v41ox6v said:
Yes it might be the time to leave Flickr

Yahoo have ended the employment of George Oates - the guy who designed the Flickr interface, and along with Caterina Fake and Stewart Butterfield, made Flickr what it was before Yahoo bought it out, and started meddling.

He is actually a she...

Her view is here http://george08.blogspot.com/2008/12/no ... -mind.html

I jumped ship to SmugMug a longish time ago and they have a mass export from flickr application that worked well for me.

Latest posts

Back