picture frame

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob321

Established Member
Reaction score
hello

basicly i have 20 x 30 inch photo and my dodgy drawing shows what i want to do :wink:

I got the idea from an art shop,

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa16 ... IM1632.jpg

The only problem is the sides, can i just get the sticking some pse behind the moulding to get the depth i require,

to put the leds :wink: in behind the photo.

:?:another problem that electronic experts will know what Luminous Intensity size for the leds :?: .

bob321

Call it an age thing, if you like. What with no punctuation and some abreviation; I do not understand your question!

xy

It's not just you Xy, I haven't a clue what the question or project is!

Give it another go, just take a deep breath first

xy mosian":kh121tvh said:
Call it an age thing, if you like. What with no punctuation and some abreviation; I do not understand your question!

xy

sorry about that i have edited it and i think it looks better :?

bob321

OK, I'll give it a go.
Are you trying to create a box frame (a deep picture frame with some sort of object in it, in this case a photo) with LED lights as well?

The first question is why - I can understand it for casts of baby hands or pressed flowers, but you will have trouble keeping a photo flat if you don't put it behind a mount and glass.
A light from any side at an angle across the face will cause problems in seeing a photo, I would have thought.

But is that what you are after?

I'm floundering about in the dark as much as you guys here, but what I think he's trying to do is put some LEDs behind a photo, so you get a glow around the edges of the picture. Maybe?? And yes, in a box frame I think.

By PSE I think he means 'planed square edge' i.e. use an off-the-shelf molding for the face of the frame and attach some planed timber to make the depth he needs - I'd use PAR personally, or just buy some frame molding, but whatever...

So, are we getting warm yet Bob321??

petermillard":1e3798f3 said:
I'm floundering about in the dark as much as you guys here, but what I think he's trying to do is put some LEDs behind a photo, so you get a glow around the edges of the picture. Maybe?? And yes, in a box frame I think.

By PSE I think he means 'planed square edge' i.e. use an off-the-shelf molding for the face of the frame and attach some planed timber to make the depth he needs - I'd use PAR personally, or just buy some frame molding, but whatever...

So, are we getting warm yet Bob321??

we are getting there, i forgot about PAR because u thought they were the same :wink:

bob321

In that case I'd take some picture framing or suitable moulding and appliqué it to some par to create depth. This is the technique used in a frame I am looking at as I write, with my grand-daughter's hand-and-foot casts in it. The photo will need to be photomounted onto suitable card (Bainbridge board) using an archive quality adhesive. You may need to find some way of stiffening the card in order to stop it warping. That can be mounted on a block which allows for a recess on all sides, attach the LEDs to the mounting block and the block to a back board. You may need to find room for a transformer, perhaps make the block hollow. From what I remember of using LEDs many years ago it's pretty simple, but someone will have to give you tech details.
Will this be wall or shelf mounted?

it is going to be wall mounted, it is going near all the computers so there will be a plug nearby :)

thanks for your help on this subject that i did not know much before :(

bob321

i see you idea but anythink i do i like to do it very diffrently :D :shock:

bob321

I think a Backlit Shadow Box is what you're making?

Something like this?
forunframe1.jpg

pren":1ca8i7m1 said:
I think a Backlit Shadow Box is what you're making?

Something like this?
forunframe1.jpg

thats it thanks for your help again :D 8)

bob321

Latest posts

Back