Pickering show!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
New to the forum and just wanted to say hi.
I plan to go to the Yorkshire Woodworking show at Pickering on Sunday and wondered which traders would be present and what the show is like if anyone has been?.
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum.

There has been a distinct lack of information about this show, as you can see here.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Steve

I intend to go on Sunday. Never been before so not sure how good it is. My ugly mug is on the Rogues Gallery so if you see me say "Hello". Or private message me and I will give you my mobile number and you can give me a ring.

Paul

Hi Neil thanks for the welcome yes the info is sparce to say the least.
Hope its not like last weeks Model engineering show at the same venue!. I planned to go that one too but never went after comments made from other folk about lack of traders, no advertising etc. etc.

Hi Paul
Made mental note of your boat so will say Hi If I see you :lol:

Cheers
Steve

What a disappointment. Been to the Pickering show this morning and was very disappointed. The only machine manufacturer was SIP. Most of the other stands were wood turners, who had some very good work. Not much at all for the general woodworker. Certainly will think twice about going next year.

Paul

Hi Paul
Have to say as a novice wood turner I thought Pickering was the dogs whatsits for me, really enjoyed it but woodturning was mainly what I went for. All the demonstrators were very helpful even putting up with my very trivial questions;-).
I see what you mean about other interests though, it did seem to have a bias for turning though, perhaps `Yorkshire woodturning show` would be a more suitable title next time?.BTW sorry I didn`t see you to say Hi.
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve

Yes I agree the turning was very clever. I was really impressed with some of the things they were making. It would have been nice if there were more manufacturers of machines so you could compare different makes. I agree the "Yorkshire Wood Turning Show" would be a much better name. Yes, sorry we didn't meet. I was there from about 11am for a couple of hours.

Paul

I was impressed with the chap describing making a rocking horse and I bought a set of plans for one (just become a grandad so might come in!!!) so not all about woodturning. The guy from SIP was really pushing that last 12" Bandsaw on display, even offered to parcel it up and carry it to my boot for me. Not ready for one yet so declined his offer.
Regards
Steve

Hi Steve

Should have taken him up on the SIP bandsaw. I have the 12" one and really like it. Don't know what he wanted but I was looking on the SIP web site and they are offering 33.3% off list no most things. I was tempted by the dust/chip extractor at £109 appeared quite cheap. Had the other half with me so was kept under control. The chap carving the chairs was impressive. I'm not sure how practical they would be, the carving looked very delicate.

The more I think about the show, the more I realize how much there was. :oops: I think having the other half with me didn't help. She's not really interested in woodwork.

Yes thinking about it now the 12" bandsaw was a good price (can`t remember now) and I daresay haggling would have been fruitful but never mind :cry:
Steve

Back