Photo post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les,

If you want the picture to appear in the post you need to use the img tag, like this
Code:
[img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/LesSayers/MVC-006F32.jpg[/img]
which with out the code tags will produce this:
MVC-006F32.jpg

Les,

One other tip which will benefit those with smaller monitors and/or on dial-up, is to make your images an appropriate size, both physically and electronically.

In XP there is a right-click option to Resize Pictures, and if you select Small it will automatically make your pic 640x480, which is a good size for the forum, what with all the chrome and stuff, for people using 1024 as their resolution. Similarly, any good image-editing software, like PaintShop Pro, will allow you to compress JPEG files, which means that thay take up less space electronically and are therefore quicker to load. It is likely that you can shrink your 217K image by 90% without noticeable loss of quality. This also saves you web-space.

HTH
Steve

Steve

I may be mistaken but isn't "right click resize" a powertoy function that you may have downloaded and forgotten. It doesn't seem to be a standard default drop out menu function on my XP install anyway.

Cheers Alan

Ah, quite possibly, my apologies.

There are two lots of Powertoys IIRC, one set for Win95 and one for2000/XP. The 95 ones also work in XP although for some strange reason not all the 95 ones are included in the XP set.

I use the Send To Clipboard As Name function a lot, it's a great way to get a list of files from a directory into, for example, a Word file.

All recommended.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Guys
I didn't expect such a good response (though I probably should have)
The posting tips are very welcome.
To Devon Woody - The stock table I found too small. I chose to sacrifice around 16mm of cut height (from 155) and expand the table to include a circle cutter arrangement. This has evolved since this photo, so I will take more and post them shortly showing the mounting etc. The large table can be demounted in a couple of minutes to enable the stock table to tilt. Give me a few days to post updated photos please.
Again - thanks to all :lol:

Back