Petrol powered planer…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams93

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I always like to keep an eye on Facebook marketplace to see if there are any good old tools etc going locally.

I came across this today, a petrol powered planer.

Is this a thing, I’ve never heard of or seen one before!

Attachments

• D92170FE-6047-41AE-88B3-E8C28381FACD.png
    D92170FE-6047-41AE-88B3-E8C28381FACD.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
Interesting machine, can’t imagine a practical use for it as it would have to be used outside, but judging by the condition it’s probably been outside for years possibly in a commercial setting. Well I learn something new everyday on this forum. 👍👍

Given that the Honda engine is likely much younger than the planer I believe it is a conversion by someone without the power near their shop. Roll it out on a dry day, flatten a bunch of boards, put the machine away and then drag out a thicknesser with its own motor or take the wood to one with an electric motor. The Honda might have been handy and the owner didn't want to get an electric motor.

Pete

Adding.
Or the owner is Amish and doesn't want to be connected to the grid.

Given that the Honda engine is likely much younger than the planer I believe it is a conversion by someone without the power near their shop. Roll it out on a dry day, flatten a bunch of boards, put the machine away and then drag out a thicknesser with its own motor or take the wood to one with an electric motor. The Honda might have been handy and the owner didn't want to get an electric motor.

Pete

Adding.
Or the owner is Amish and doesn't want to be connected to the grid.
Wonder if it has usb take off to charge the Amishish iphone 11?!!

If you don't have either an electrical supply or a generator and need a planner on the job then this is the only way to go, can you ever see a battery powered version. On one of the reality programs where they are making log cabins in the middle of nowhere they use a woodmill powered by an VW flat four Beetle engine, totally homemade but needs must so why not a P/T.

Latest posts

Back