Perishing 'puter problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf,
At the risk of STBO, we may be in danger of seeing a re-run of the great bandsaw fiasco.

In your shoes I'd be asking Pa to cancell the credit card and tell them that 7 days is rubbish, read the various acts etc. (of course I may be full of horse-feathers but let them worry about that).

waterhead37":3fbefdbt said:
Alf,
At the risk of STBO, we may be in danger of seeing a re-run of the great bandsaw fiasco.
I'm way ahead of you. I've printed out the DTI's quick guide to the Sale of Goods Act for the old man and instructed him to be firm. There's not much more I can do. :(

Cheers, Alf

Alf":178ee6ja said:
I've printed out the DTI's quick guide to the Sale of Goods Act......

Way to go, Alf. If Dell will not agree to an immediate full refund (which, in the circumstances, is your option and your right) take out the Small Claims Court summons. I doubt for one minute that Dell will want to send a representative to County Court in Cornwall to defend a case that they are hardly likely to win. Forget about just being out of the seven days and guarantees/warranties - if your item is not 'fit for purpose', the SoG Act supercedes all these.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Trev.

Latest posts

Back