Pen Tray

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRB

Reaction score
Hi

Just finished this Pen Tray for my wife, she is an amateur artist and is having a Studio built in the garden next week, this is to put all her pens etc in. it measures 10" x 5.5". I really like working with this Mahogany from Alwayshobbies, I have finished it with 3 coats of Danish Oil.

Cheers

John

Attachments

• 008 copy.jpg
    008 copy.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 993
Hi John
Very nice!!!! Did you stack cut the sides or do them singley ? The detail is very impressive. If you are looking for a nice polish try Wood Silk as a finish over the danish oil, it is cheap as chips and gives a lovely finish
Regards
Brendan

Hi Brendan

No I didn't stack cut, did them individually. Not tried stack cutting yet, but will give it a go. I'll have a look at wood silk and give it a go, thanks for the advice - always welcome.

Cheers

John

Hi John
The wood silk is a non silicone based beeswax spray polish, it really brings out the grain. I use it on all the pieces I make , if yu spray the wood leave it for a couple of hours and then spray again and then polish it looks great
Regards
Brendan

Thanks Brendan & Brian

I have just got some, will give it a go on my next project.

Thanks for all your help both, I am glad I joined this forum, people are so helpful at giving advice.

Cheers

John

Back