Pen Blanks ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Melinda

I don't have any spare walnut but have a boatload of mahogany which stains nicely. if you don't get what you want and can use some just let me know. Shame I'm at the other end of the country though :)

cheers
Bob

Melinda_dd":18k6tg2x said:
Hi... late in on this on... but I would be very interested in some off cuts... any of the dark woods... especially walnut?
You need to holiday in the Cotswolds with a spare suitcase.

Lons":mipb3am1 said:
Hi Melinda

I don't have any spare walnut but have a boatload of mahogany which stains nicely. if you don't get what you want and can use some just let me know. Shame I'm at the other end of the country though :)

cheers
Bob

Hi bob. Would you be willing to post me some at all? Of course I'll pay for it and the postage.

Melinda_dd":170twaax said:
Lons":170twaax said:
Hi Melinda

cheers
Bob

Hi bob. Would you be willing to post me some at all? Of course I'll pay for it and the postage.

No problem Melinda,
pm me with your details and what sizes are best for you and I'll see what I can do. I'll send you a pm with my email address and mobile etc. for info.

Definitely don't want anything for the wood but I'll see what's the most economical method of sending.

cheers
Bob

Hey guys, ive just bought a old coronet lathe and would like to try pen turning. If anyone has any going you cant find a use for I would certainly drop you a few quid for some blanks?

There is plenty of need for any pen blanks you have as there are people who just turn pens, have a look at the Penturners UK forum, you will find plenty of interest in your off cuts there.
Mind the forum is full of nutters from 'darn sarf'.

stevenw1963":1jsvadn9 said:
There is plenty of need for any pen blanks you have as there are people who just turn pens, have a look at the Penturners UK forum, you will find plenty of interest in your off cuts there.

And even more "up north" mind you come to think of it they are all nutters

huntercold":q07ls2al said:
Hey guys, ive just bought a old coronet lathe and would like to try pen turning. If anyone has any going you cant find a use for I would certainly drop you a few quid for some blanks?

Hi, PM sent this morning :)

Cheers, Paul

Dalboy":3gvi88zn said:
stevenw1963":3gvi88zn said:

And even more "up north" mind you come to think of it they are all nutters

How very dare you sir! (hammer) :lol:

bogmonster":ubc7cytj said:
I have a stack of yew (carfully cut), cherry and possibly some laburnum blanks as well as some walnut and other odds and sods. Mrs BM has informed me that 'I do enjoy turning pens' after all. In fact I enjoy pen turning so much that I am going to make up a pile and sell them to help pay for the lathe I have just bought. How foolish I have been...

...before I know it she will have me turning turning light pulls...

BM

you mean you didn't ask her what your opinion was before thinking, your a braver man than I . . . . :mrgreen:

Back