Peel and Stick Veneer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwade

Established Member
Reaction score
My next project is to build a floor to ceiling wardrobe for the small room. Because of the size of the room I would like to put in sliding doors. I will build the initial frame and then attach to the wall and build off that.

Obviously the plan was to go with all wood for the sides and doors, however I don't want the room looking like a log cabin at the end, so would you recommend Chipboard or MDF for the sliding doors and sides?

After that I would apply the Peel and Stick Veneer, but what works best with it, Chipboard or MDF?

MDF will,in general, give you to most stable and flat/level surface on which to apply the veneer. It will move the least when compared to wood or chipboard or ply.

Droogs":xf6o428q said:
MDF will,in general, give you to most stable and flat/level surface on which to apply the veneer. It will move the least when compared to wood or chipboard or ply.

Thank you for the information, my next question is flexing going with MDF. The sliding doors will be about 2.2mtrs length. So myself I should image getting 18mm thick MDF.

I would check the weight of that before deciding. :wink: 18mm is too thick surely? most furniture you buy is 12mm ,you'd need industrial strength rails to carry them.

Have you thought about using furniture board ?. There is a Company in Bridport that have a huge range of wood veneer finished boards of every thickness and they'll cut to size and finish all the edges to your spec.
Might be worth a look .
http://www.bridec.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back