pedestals - where to buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbowley

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy 3 or 4 legged pedestals for making a table?

I should have said in the UK or maybe EU (somewhere with reasonable postage rates to UK)

Hi JB

you may find what you are looking for in Antique auctions or junk shops, they often have the odd broken table for sale.

But if you want new why not make your own not very hard to make from scratch. That way you get just what you want.

Regards
Norman

Make your own!

If you don't have a lathe find a turner to make the central column for you.

The legs can simply be cut on a bandsaw and sanded before being attatched to the central column with sliding dovetails cut on a router table.

All in all, a pleasant day in the workshop!

Cheers
Dan

I wouldn't be asking the question if I had a lathe, bandsaw and router table :(

I know there is at least one person/company who make them in the UK, but I can't find out who they are.

Hi JB

A jig saw could replace the band saw for the legs for the colm centre you could use vic style oct taper col on a base so no lathe required. Just a thought.

simple hand tools only required.

Have fun
Norman

everyone seems determined I should build them myself :D

If doing that I would build an octagonal column on a circular base plate (my tools are: table saw, router, spoke shave, orbital sander).

I have no idea if that is what you mean by " for the colm centre you could use vic style oct taper col on a base".

I'll probably just buy a 2nd hand twin ped table.

jimbowley":197h0kip said:
everyone seems determined I should build them myself :D

If doing that I would build an octagonal column on a circular base plate (my tools are: table saw, router, spoke shave, orbital sander).

I have no idea if that is what you mean by " for the colm centre you could use vic style oct taper col on a base".

sorry, yes thats what I mean. Use a Victorian style, tapered octagonal column on a base. The shape of the base is your choice, can be for as many legs as you require to mount.

Regards
Norman

Back