Pattern Software???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewWood80

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they use for designing patterns, I'm planning on cutting some jigsaw puzzle christmas trees for next year and would like a good free design package. I have been trying to use Inkscape but it's a load of rubbish! I want something like coral draw. I might have to bite the bullet and spend some money this year for something decent but in the meantime thought I would ask what other people use.

I use photo shop and fire fox for a lot of my design work and also microsoft word for my name signs. I saw just the other day that Steve Good has done a jig saw template. I can't remember if it was free or not, if there is a charge it won't be more than a couple of quid and apparently the template is adjustable to suit any size, perfect for turning photos into jigsaws.

Hi James. Inkscape is a vector graphics program, along the lines of CorelDraw and GIMP is a bitmap graphics program same as Photoshop. Both are freeware and there's video and text tutorials all over the internet for both of them.

I also use Serif Page Plus along with there Draw Plus and Photoplus Great programs once you find your way round them

Back