partner wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prombert

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Alexander, I live in Moscow, Russia and I've invented desk top business card dispenser, that provides one by one delivery of the BCs. I make them from exotic wood and sell them to retailer. My device has very simple design and it's not a problem to produce it even in garage. What I want is to find a partner for producing and selling my BCD in UK.

sorry, i get it now, should of paid more attention in english at school

Unfortunately I didn't understand your post. Will you please explain it?

L Harding":he9b3llk said:

Perhaps he should continue in Russian?
No need to take the P, is there?

(Should have paid more attention, btw)

Why would you need a partner. They've invented the internet. You can make a website and sell direct to people anywhere in the world. Or are you just looking for someone to buy your idea and try to make and sell them themselves in this area? Or looking for someone to buy them in bulk from you and try to sell them?

woodsworth":2fzd0x23 said:
Why would you need a partner. They've invented the internet. You can make a website and sell direct to people anywhere in the world. Or are you just looking for someone to buy your idea and try to make and sell them themselves in this area? Or looking for someone to buy them in bulk from you and try to sell them?

I need a partner because:

1. I'm design engineer (mech) and woodworking is my hobby.
2. I know a little about business making here in Russia (as a serious business).
3. It's a big problem to send the parcels abroad here in Russia.
4. I know nothing about business making in the UK.

Any suggestion will be considered.

I have £50,000 to invest. Where do I send the money?

Welcome my friend.

I know that these still exists...business cards and desks...but I believe that as the technology and mobility of today's business moves on to the dreams of the new millennium (all be it a little late)....then these will become as obsolete as pagers soon....

We used to collect business cards at work....but very few are left now...

You may very well have missed the bus....

Jim

So when you say partner what do you mean then?

Some one to buy the rights?

Someone to take possession of the goods in bulk and distribute them and take a cut for doing the local work?

Someone to buy the goods and try to sell them?

Someone to buy the right to make and sell your idea here?

Or is this like that old joke where someone asks if you want to play 52 card pick up?

I read that he was either selling his design or franchising it. I'm guessing he doesn't want to show us what it is, as that would mean it might be copied. But who's going to invest in something they can't see?

I guess you need to get your 'invention' patented in the UK before anyone will take you serious?

He did post a link to a demo on the other side. Looked quite clever but... I can't see too many reps etc. wanting to carry one around; seemed more suited to a desk but that's not a lot of good I don't s'pose?

Smudger":1yhhifai said:
L Harding":1yhhifai said:

Perhaps he should continue in Russian?
No need to take the P, is there?

(Should have paid more attention, btw)

i wasnt intentionally taking the P, was my fault for not reading the original post properly

also thanks for picking me up on my gamma, but that was the hilariously well hidden joke :D

Personally I no longer keep business cards handy. They're scanned into my phone - and then I write notes in the description field. The business cards then either get stuffed in a box or chucked in the bin.

OK, guys. I understand your doubts.
What I could tell you:
1. Retail price here in Moscow is RR 1200 (J27).
2. I think that people in London could pay this sum.
3. I make 10 BCDs per working day during my weekend.
4. I could produce 20 BCDs if I have 5x65 mm planks.
5. If someone having the possibilities to produce the BCD promises me that he/she get the disclosure info from me just for evaluation I will send all he/she needs.
6. Everybody will get the link to take a look at my BCD.

I was a little stand offish at first as this seemed like spam. Tho I can see you are serious. However, I've seen the product and I'm afraid I don't think it's going to be particularly popular. It's an executive toy basically. You're best bet is to contact one of the big websites who retail this sort of gadget and see if they will buy a quantity from you. That way you get full control and can fill orders direct from Moscow.

I'm not up on my Russian politics, so I'm not sure if there are restrictions on this sort of thing for you. But I think this has all een dropped nowadays, hasn't it?

Back