Parkside

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys :)

Would you say Parkside is an ok make of power tool to start off woodworking with?

Specifically the Parkside 3 in 1 multipurpose sander and the Router Model Pof 1200..

i've got the belt sander and dremel, for the money I'm very happy.

see them in action here
topic89930.html

Edit:
Should have said I have given the belt sander some serious abuse over the last few years mainly for metal work and its still going strong. Comment below about noise, yes it is noisy and I wear ear defenders when in use. The dremmel was only only purchased in 2015 and hasn't been used that many times.

If memory serves the belt sander had a 3 year guarantee, the dremmel only 1.

I have the pillar drill and I'm very happy with that too - if I recall they are made in germany

I'd say the sander is probably a solid buy but I think the major DIY brands do their entry level models at similar price points.

I'd probably try to find some testimony on the router before buying. Maybe someone on here has one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, I have the heat gun, the belt sander and the multi-purpose tool. Bought them mainly because occasionally I need them, and the asking price was right for occasional use. For my money, at least as good (if not better...) as the current Bosch amateur green line, which are much more expensive.

The heat gun is fine, the other two I have used too little to be positive. The belt sander especially makes an awful lot of noise, so I only dared to use it once, and that was outside on the balcony. Earmuffs a must, of course.

I can't vouch for their duration, as I use less and less often any power tool. Difficult to deal with the noise, the dust, and neighbour good will in a 7th. floor appartment...

G.

the sander seems a good buy, is that the 3 in 1? i was going to take a punt as seemed good, i have a parkside SDS drill and used a lot over last year and apart from a stiff switch (from hammer to chisel, the locking key needs a hefty push) it is fine.

As for the router, i have the Aldi one (probably very similar) and worked well when i had it table mounted, felt lighter than others and for £40 worth it for a beginner, and if you use it till it dies then you know that you can upgrade and the money wont be wasted.

just keep your receipt 8)

I have a Parkside Multi Tool from Lidl and to be honest for the £25 it cost me it is very good. I have used more expensive Multi tools at work and my Parkside is just as good, longevity, for me it is to soon to comment but it feels well put together. as others have said it compares well with Bosche green tools I have.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Well I've just bought these three on gumtree brand new..

bc43cd3.jpg

They were advertised separatley ,totalling £70 and they accepted my offer of £50 :mrgreen:

Well worth it. They have the wet and dry vacuum in my local Lidl for £40 on its own.

BearTricks":1u065p3t said:
Well worth it. They have the wet and dry vacuum in my local Lidl for £40 on its own.

+1 for a good deal. Sometimes the case that when Lidl run out of stock people start offering them on auction sites for a higher price than Lidl charged, so to get all three of those for £50 is great.

Back