Parkinson Perfect 16 Vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spadge

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought one of these off ebay. It's in good nick but was wondering if anyone else had one and specifically if anyone knew the size and thread for the tapped holes in the jaws? (for fixing the wooden jaws)
I assume they will be imperial but it's a big old lump and don't want to carry it down to the nut and bolt shop to find the right size!

Cheers

spadge":18not8to said:
Just bought one of these off ebay. It's in good nick but was wondering if anyone else had one and specifically if anyone knew the size and thread for the tapped holes in the jaws? (for fixing the wooden jaws)
I assume they will be imperial but it's a big old lump and don't want to carry it down to the nut and bolt shop to find the right size!

Cheers

Heck, that takes me back - my first proper woodworking vice was one of those, bought from an auction in the days when I was very naive and didn't spot that one of the slides was broken where it joined the front face. Managed to drill and tap it from the front and with a high tensile bolt holding the slide in place, it worked fine for many years.
I'm pretty sure the holes for the wooden jaws were 1/4 whitworth.

Back