Pantorouter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another magic joint making machine. Does no one like cutting joints any more? So who copied whom.......did Matthias Wandel copy Mafell, or was it the other way around?

Has always looked an interesting project although having obvious limitations made out of wood.

I think some members had a stab at it
pantorouter-b.jpg

Attachments

• pantorouter-b.jpg
    pantorouter-b.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 536
MikeG.":he3xdyoj said:
Another magic joint making machine. Does no one like cutting joints any more? So who copied whom.......did Matthias Wandel copy Mafell, or was it the other way around?
Mafell, what pantorouter do they have?

He is an engineer/inventor. Engineering first, wood second. The point of his channel is an engineering approach to woodworking. If he cut everything with a tenon saw it would miss the point.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

MikeG.":qqtv1nku said:
Another magic joint making machine. Does no one like cutting joints any more?
I like cutting joints when I get them right, but find them incredibly annoying when I don't. What I really like about the idea of more automated joints is the freedom it'd give to make mistakes in design - I struggle to visualise drawings I do as 3-d things, so find myself making and adjusting as I go. The problem is, you can end up with part-made things that didn't work out but took lots of time. (It's always been this way, I remember doing A-level ceramics, making things I thought were good but then having to go back to my workbooks to show (pretend) for the examiners the stages of design they went through.)
I know a very good answer is to keep practicing M&T joints til I can do them accurately and more quickly, but in the end I'm more interested in trying out designs that might - or might not - work. That said, just under £1200 I'd need to be pretty confident I'd be up to making some pretty exceptional tables!

Back