panels between green oak posts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andychip38

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all im going to put some feather edge boards on timber frames inbetween green oak corner posts on an outbuilding .
any tips or do's and do not before i start thanks in advance andy

Andy,

Are you building a shed? Or are you fencing up to the outbuilding?
If you need advice, it helps to be specific. It attracts more response when everyone sees the problem. :D

Cheers

Hi all I know is its an green oak garage and the corners and roof are on an I am going to fit feather edge boards in between I've not even seen the garage yet was thinking about the movement of the oak over time more than anything

cansdale":3ozgybt5 said:
Feather edge ? or USA style clap boarding ? i.e. horizontal not vertical as feather edge would suggest.

Feather edge, in this instance would be fixed horizontal, from the bottom up, allowing the rain to run down and off.

Here's a link to various weatherboards, some treated, various thickness and width and some moulded as you can see.
Also some feather edged.
Regards Rodders

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=timbe ... 2SfodFM%3A

For fencing, I prefer vertical, feather-edged boards on horizontal arris rail (The triangular section rail). Green oak if possible, and with reinforcing galvanized wire stapled on the face, along the arris rails.

Cheers

Hi thanks all .I'm a little in the dark myself until I get to the job An old friend asked do you fancy coming down for the weekend all the food and drink you want mate then came the .while you are here you could put some panels between oak frame garage I've just had done I think it will be large horizontal boards but not sure till I get there

Back