Painting & Decorators

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roxie":1dicv852 said:
Thank you all for your replies. The quote I has was for £1200 (twelve hundred) for a squatty 11ft x 11ft room. Looking for other quotes!!

John

Bedfordshire - but my guess is his rate for this is somewhere around the £25 per hour mark for a week, which still seems pretty steep.

However did he quote after an on site assessment? Because we don't know the state of the room currently - £1200 for doing a room in a house that's required a lot of previous work isn't so far off the mark, but a well maintained home with flat walls etc should be pretty easy work?

rafezetter":2oipajd1 said:
Hanging wallpaper in particular isn't quite as straightforward as most people think - especially if the pattern has a long repeat

What has the pattern got to do with it? If it has a long repeat it just means you end up using more wallpaper. It is no more difficult to hang.
I have never employed a painter decorator for a single brushstroke and don't intend to, ever. Their standards of what is acceptable and mine are worlds apart.

whiskywill":1cv8oqll said:
I have never employed a painter decorator for a single brushstroke and don't intend to, ever. Their standards of what is acceptable and mine are worlds apart.
I was like that until I needed the outside of my (wooden) house painted and it was simply too much work and too boring to tackle myself. I employed professionals who are extremely good. I could not hope to achieve the finish they did. Since then I have had them back for various interior decorating jobs. As painters they are far, far better than I will ever be. I reckon I can hang paper better and a lot faster than them, but for painting they are in another league, a league I had not previously known existed.

Back