Paddock Stand/Lift: Any bikers here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWizardofOdds

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if there are any bikers on here that have built their own paddock stand or lift?

I've scouted the web and saw a nice simple design but was only a poor photo with no plans. I'm new to woodworking and would love to make a simple paddock stand to work on my bike. I'd prefer not to weld or anything like that.

Anyone know of any good plans or has built one?

Well I made one but I welded it, can't say I wouldn't trust a wooden one or a bolted together one.

Pete

WibbleWobble":2md4obtp said:
A very good friend of mine asked me the same question last week, and after a bit of Googling, I found him the following link:

http://zx6r.com/attachments/mechani...y-m-c-lift-motorcycle-lift-assembly-plans.pdf

I don't know anything more about it than is contained in the PDF, but it is very American and therfore some of the parts may need a little tracking down this side of the pond.

HTH

Pete

Thanks. That is very nice indeed but way beyond my capability. I will keep that though in the hope that I will one day be able to build it.

Racers":6mq1x829 said:
Well I made one but I welded it, can't say I wouldn't trust a wooden one or a bolted together one.

Pete

The photo I saw of one was a rear paddock stand made entirely of wood. It looked really simple and very sound. I'm sure its do-able.

mailee":2zsmgmgh said:
Why not just buy one? They are pretty cheap. :? (paddock stand that is)

Yeah I know, I just thought it would be very cool to make something instead of always buying. :)

I've made a few loosely based on the ABBA Stand principle for mates. Mine are made from square tube and powder coated blue though :) Much better than the ABBA ones IMO ;)

Mines made from 25mm square tube and locates in the swingarm with removable extensions at the front, so with a strap over the rear subframe to the stand, I can get both wheels off at once.

Pete

Back