Owners of Kity 419

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attie

Reaction score
Seems to be a great saw for a small workshop. Can a tennoning jig like the Dakota be used on it?

I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks

Attie

It is a great saw for a small workshop, especially if you get the sliding table with it too.

I've no experience of tenoning jigs though.

Gill

I'm afraid the mitre slot on the Kity is to narrow for the Dakota jig. However I am sure that it can be adapted in order to make it work.

That is the only problem I have found with the Kity. The none standard mitre slot.

Gary

The K419 is an excellent little saw and accurate once set up. It's worth getting the sliding and extension tables to make it more versatile, only thing that is not so good is that the extraction's rubbish, tho' this can be improved - Rob

Does anyone have any experience of using owning one of these. One of the woodworking magazines suggested that it was more than just a good coy of the Kity 419.

I would appreciate comments from any users/owners

Thanks

Attie

attie
I and Gill own and use a 419, they are great saws, but they really need the sliding table.
Using a mitre jig like the dakota is simply a case of weather you can modify the tenon to fit the mitre slot, as the 419's is smaller than the standard.
Look at the jig and see if you can unscrew the existing tenon and replace with one of the appropriate size. They are not hard to make.
If you get stuck there are plenty of people here to help

Thanks Bean.

I will start hunting down the best price. I am on the Isle of Man and have no suppliers close by.

Most major suppliers will post though. This is another reason to stay with a small saw.

Regards

Attie

Back