Over engineered?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a maximum gradient for a wheelchair ramp so that's the only solution to the problem. apart from moving them.

Pete

JustBen":2a8rab5f said:
Racers":2a8rab5f said:
There is a maximum gradient for a wheelchair ramp so that's the only solution to the problem. apart from moving them.

Pete

Or fit a lift.

+1. Would have been much cheaper. There was one fitted up the road from here a few years ago, albeit to lower rather than raise. IIRC, the council paid around £6k for that including the re-landscaping involved.

What a stupid solution - better to move house?
All to achieve a grade for wheelchair access of 1 in 12!

Rod

Fitting a lift has just reminded me that the French ain't as daft as that bunch of clowns. In Calvi, NW Corsica the La Poste is, like most of the rest of the town, on a steep slope with about a 20 rise from the road/path level. They have installed a lift there for the 'handicapé' and something like that would have been much better than the circus act the council have used there.

Probably the same people who built that ramp have chalk boards instead of a board that is coloured black, used in schools and written on with a piece of chalk and used to be called a black board, 'cause that's the colour of it :( :( :(

Edit : - My ex brother-in-law used to work in a big plumbers merchants in Brum. They had a demand from ther local council that they had to put a ramp in there for disabled access. It cost the firm £5000, a LOT of money 30 years back, and nobody had ever seen a plumber, or anyone else for that matter, use it. Not many disabled plumbers in Brum is there?

I'll bet it would be different if the cash came out of their own pocket! Daft barstewards!

Back