Out of interest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of moving. I have just under 2 weeks left to complete the move. The next 2 days will be spent completing orders and then moving the rest of the workshop to the new place. The new workshop will be more than twice the size of my current one which will enable me to expand and make larger items and for the first time I will be able to have a proper wood working bench.

The reason for this post is that I have found an unusual use for one of my scroll saws which is already in the new workshop. I am putting carpet tiles down in 2 of the rooms and as many of you know when you get to the other side of a room its a matter of cutting the tiles to suit the gap that is left after the last full tiles have been laid and some of the cuts are a bit tricky, especially round the door frames. I made a template and mark the underside of the tile and then cut it to size on the scroll saw and it works a treat with a number 9 blade, Flying Dutchman of course.

On a similar vane those fabric roller blinds that need cutting to width. Roll em up tight wind some masking tape round the end to be cut mark to length and cut on the band saw. Way better/quicker than rolling out and using scissors worked for me anyway.

Chas

Geoff.

I would have never have thought of using my scroll saw for that, what a brilliant idea. :idea:

All the best for the move.

I would never be able to move, I have far to much, might be useful one day, equipment, or as the long haired boss (wife) calls it rubbish, she will just not be convinced how valuable it is, and the fact that its taken a lifetime to collect. I say a man and his rubbish/useful equipment should never be parted. :!: :!:

Take care.

Chris R.

Hi Chris R,
I agree with you about the useful stuff we like to keep
knowing it will come in handy some day.
I am just the same with any old wood, never sling it out until it get to rotten to use...........geoff3.....

Back