Our Very Own Alf In Trad Wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
If you pick up this months copy of Traditional Woodworking (Sep issue) you'll find our very own woodworking superstar Alf talking about her workshop. Two very interesting pages-well done Alf! =D>
Philly :D

Great news Alf, will take a look in WH Smiths next week and see if I can pick up a copy. It had better be good to get a Scotsman to part with another three quid or so ! :lol:

Don't forget Scrit too, who had an article in Good Woodworking this month also on guarding and stuff.

What a talented lot ! :D

Cheers, Paul. :D

Thanks, Phil - cheque's in the post :wink: Fear not, folks; just a blip before I return to anonymity.

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I do know the difference between a bandsaw and a SCMS btw - you'll see what I mean #-o

Hi Scrit

Congratulations.

chisel":1rnxjggh said:
Don't forget Scrit too, who had an article in Good Woodworking this month also on guarding and stuff.

I've just looked through issue 178 and couldn't find it. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":2szbx18z said:
I've just looked through issue 178 and couldn't find it. Can you please point me in the right direction?
Glad its not just me. :roll:

I shall go and buy Traditional Woodworking tomorrow lunch time to see just what Alf has been up to. :^o

Whoops, it was The Woodworker September edition page 72, not Good Woodworking !!! :oops:

Sorry Scrit !

chisel":fh2ityih said:
Whoops, it was The Woodworker September edition page 72, not Good Woodworking !!! :oops:

Sorry Scrit !

Actually, that's news to me! :oops: Now I've got to go and buy one.....

Scrit

Nice articles, Alf and Scrit. And by Steve Maskery in GWW.

Steve, in your article on the chest of drawers (which looks really nice) I was surprised that you said it was not necessary to veneer the backs of the drawer fronts because the veneer and groundwork were both maple. Is this the reason you have had no problems with warping or could it be that the drawer fronts were screwed on, thus counteracting any tendency to warp? Just interested because everything I've read before about veneering suggests that it is usually necessary to veneer both sides :?

Paul

Back