Other forums

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood butcher

Established Member
Reaction score
One of my other hobbies is playing and collecting guitars and was surfing around a well known guitar forum on threads relating to fenders and notice quite a bit of animosity towards each other when someone didn't agree with what was being said, not like this site which is more open to other peoples suggestions and opinions.

Craig

Wood butcher have a quick google for "woodraving" (with the quote marks) it only gives one hit. Is that a googlewhack?

Anyway. it'll lead you to another forum where they don't like urns either. Most odd.

Which forum did grim get banned from? Was it this one?

Yes it was "woodravings".
I was only avin a laff! Though I do think "hollow form critique" is just a silly way of saying "urn talk" (or jugs, bottles etc). Could be "urners corner", "urns-u-like" etc
Very urnest bunch, no sense of humour.

Jacob":d3pf4lvd said:
Yes it was "woodravings".
I was only avin a laff! Though I do think "hollow form critique" is just a silly way of saying "urn talk" (or jugs, bottles etc). Could be "urners corner", "urns-u-like" etc
Very urnest bunch, no sense of humour.
From woodravin:
You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: You Urned This

That's OK then, a vague glimmer of humour! Could be a typo.

That's one for the ULF then. (Urn Liberation Front)

Hudson Carpentry":1hqxkhvq said:
Im barred from one trades forum and all I did was say hello :s
Must have been the way you said it. They can be very sensitive sometimes.

Its rather sad that good resources (the people) who frequent forums for a certain subject i.e. woodwork are reduced to trawling through/or factionalised to one more sites because of a falling out, then one or two go off and make a new forum and waddya know its all the same names who make up the numbers on these different sites :| , Lord knows I can 'talk dross' when the mood takes me (ask Moosie-where is he btw?), I dont take all this on-line babble that seriously that I'd even consider forming a 'new faction' for folks that aligned themselves to my ways/or not, as the case may be, this aint no rant its simply my observation, and being a lazy pineapple I cant be pineappled switching between pages on the intertweb to see if I've missed something usefull/or not :?
woodwork interests me-people being pineapples doesn't-so I ignore it, mostly :wink:

Apparently many of them left in order to 'Leave the trouble makers behind'. Odd then that since then, and the change of Mods, this forum is largely trouble free and a much more pleasant place to visit. Still, probably just a coincidence I suppose.

studders":3a647zip said:
Apparently many of them left in order to 'Leave the trouble makers behind'. Odd then that since then, and the change of Mods, this forum is largely trouble free and a much more pleasant place to visit. Still, probably just a coincidence I suppose.

Very interesting observation - this place did used to be rubbish for bickering (ok i admit it was funny to read) but now its not and it all seems quite calm in here!

Its annoying I have to trawl 3 forums to get my full fix! Then a lot of us posts on multiple ones to hit the full crowd so a lot of it is repeated. I enjoy the more trade focused threads on Woodwork UK, doors an windows an stuff. Here is much more fine cabinet work/hobbyers. The wood haven has some really nice guitars and workbenches and tables going on at the moment but sometimes it can be a bit slow.

Back