Other forums

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barkwindjammer":175tpjgs said:
Its rather sad that good resources (the people) who frequent forums for a certain subject i.e. woodwork are reduced to trawling through/or factionalised to one more sites because of a falling out, then one or two go off and make a new forum and waddya know its all the same names who make up the numbers on these different sites :| , Lord knows I can 'talk dross' when the mood takes me (ask Moosie-where is he btw?), I dont take all this on-line babble that seriously that I'd even consider forming a 'new faction' for folks that aligned themselves to my ways/or not, as the case may be, this aint no rant its simply my observation, and being a lazy pineapple I cant be pineappled switching between pages on the intertweb to see if I've missed something usefull/or not :?
woodwork interests me-people being pineapples doesn't-so I ignore it, mostly :wink:
I utterly love the swear catcher on this site - when it was switched on for the first time I thought there was some sort on pineapple based in joke I'd missed out on :)
Miles

I don't do discussions on what appears to be an emotive subject. I prefer pictures.

Attachments

• dead form.jpg
    dead form.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 450
  • cremation form.jpg
    cremation form.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 450
  • japanese form.jpg
    japanese form.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 450
  • grecian form.jpg
    grecian form.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 450
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Am I being thick or something? I have read through this thread, numerous times, and followed that "woodraving" google search and read the results and I'm still not getting it.

PLEASEEEEEEEE... somebody explain to me...... IN VERY PLAIN ENGLISH that even a thicko like me can understand, what it is about U.R.N.S that causes a problem.

I daren't even type the word for fear of crashing into a lifetime ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please somebody, Bring Me Sunshine :wink:

Roy

I think the gist is that some people (i.e. Jacob) get a little uppity that what they call an urn, other people (i.e. Turners) will insist on calling a hollow form. Personally I call 'em pots... ;)

Alf - I think the most urn-est proponent of the difference is Grim; certainly he has no sense of humour about it where Jacob seems to be able to give and take on it - witness one god urn above :) :)

Miles

miles_hot":15jyxauo said:
Alf - I think the most urn-est proponent of the difference is Grim; certainly he has no sense of humour about it where Jacob seems to be able to give and take on it - witness one god urn above :) :)

Miles
:?

Ooops.

:lol:

Unless I've missed something. :?

The importance of being hollowest?

Oh Chas would never be urnsporting enough to trespass upon the hollowed turf of the purn. After all we can all pitcher in on this, even ewer Gordon - puns subvert but don't undermine the cistern and no one is the butt of the joke here :)

Miles

I think I get it now, but I must say, it sounds like a bit of a storm in a tea urn. #-o

Roy

miles_hot":frgnomsb said:
Oh Chas would never be urnsporting enough to trespass upon the hollowed turf of the purn. After all we can all pitcher in on this, even ewer Gordon - puns subvert but don't undermine the cistern and no one is the butt of the joke here :)

Miles
Whilst I had butted out, I thinks its entirely possible that there just might be one or two that will take it personally, after all, its how the urn their living. Some us are not flush with funds and may go down the pan unless we go and do some work.

gus3049":kgvf4sfe said:
....Surely you wouldn't put a stop to the furn?

There must be a hundred purns left yet.

No, but I do have the means to deal out the punishment.
nodroG.jpg

On a more serious side:
Hollow laughs and chuckles are all very well but if you are selling work out of your shop for a living you have a good incentive to use whatever nomenclature the Gallery promoting it and Purchaser, not necessarily in this country, is happy to use as a description.

Edit: gus3049 you got in before me.

CHJ":a6vkeaco said:
gus3049":a6vkeaco said:
....Surely you wouldn't put a stop to the furn?

There must be a hundred purns left yet.

No, but I do have the means to deal out the punishment.
nodroG.jpg

On a more serious side:
Hollow laughs and chuckles are all very well but if you are selling work out of your shop for a living you have a good incentive to use whatever nomenclature the Gallery promoting it and Purchaser, not necessarily in this country, is happy to use as a description.

Edit: gus3049 you got in before me.
Nuff said I think!

Back