Osborne EB-3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is the osborne only avaliable in this country through Lee Valley. They have quoted me $76 postage if I want it sooner than 8 weeks. This brings the total to $245 = £140.

It is however, still cheaper than the incra 2000 at rutlands.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, dont know the answer, but related to this, does the osbourne replace the need for a sliding carriage if you dont use large sheet material much? Or do users of the osbourne also use a sliding carriage occasionaly and if so for what type of material?

Steve.

Slim
Hmm...Post. How much is it for "regular" postage?
Stevie
For large stock I use a sled-you can only crosscut stock as wide as the distance from the front of the blade to the edge of the table. Any wider and the fence of the Osborne falls off the edge.
Hope this helps,
Philly :D
P.s. Slim-you won't be dissapointed with the OB3

Thanks Philly, hadnt thought of it that way, I was thinking of left to right not front to back :oops: Makes perfect sense now you mention it though :D

Reason for asking was I am torn between a kity and the scheppach 2010. Kity comes with carriage, the scheppach can be bougth with or without. Was wondering if scheppach 2010 with EB3 was an option.

Cheers,

Steve.

"regular" post is $46 but takes 8-10 weeks. I need it alot sooner than that.

Does anyone have any comments about the incra 2000? Good/bad?

StevieB":3g4su74k said:
Was wondering if scheppach 2010 with EB3 was an option.

Do Scheppach have "standard" size slots. I thought I read somewhere that they didn't. Might be worth a call to NMA Agencies to check the size

Scott (who doesn't have either and may be talking complete rubbish!)

Back