osb board cutting list programme

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GweithdyDU

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All. I have built a stable using timber frame (uprights NOT in the concrete), insulated with 2 layers of 25mm insulation board with a 50mm gap in between and clad in 13/3 zinc sheets.I am about to line the whole project with 18mm OSB sheets and ordered the sheets from merchant who, when I gave him the panel sizes, told me I needed 12 sheets. I thought they's use some fancy IT software to work it all out and I could use their software to work out how I mark out the panel sizes onto the boards but I was wrong; they jut used their brains. Unfortunately, my brain does not work these things out as well, partly because as well as being Autistic, I also struggle with dyscalculia. Is anybody aware of any online tools that may give me a cutting diagram if I feed the sizes and quantity of the panels into it? I can find calculators that tell me how many sheets I need to cover an area, but not the how many panels I can get out of a sheet.

All advice on this problem gratefully received.

Diolch/Thanks

Hi , pictures of your stable would get you a better response from members. Also what size are the sheets of osb and what type of osb . damp/ wet conditions and osb don’t usually mix . Sorry I can’t help you with a online cutting list but depending on the size of the sheets you’ll want to orient them so A you do as little cutting as possible and B you waste as little as possible. You might need to add a few intermediate uprights to maximise your board coverage and reduce the cutting/ waste . My son has autism so I get where your coming from but my advice is keep it simple and use old fashioned common sense . 👍👍

Hi , pictures of your stable would get you a better response from members. Also what size are the sheets of osb and what type of osb . damp/ wet conditions and osb don’t usually mix . Sorry I can’t help you with a online cutting list but depending on the size of the sheets you’ll want to orient them so A you do as little cutting as possible and B you waste as little as possible. You might need to add a few intermediate uprights to maximise your board coverage and reduce the cutting/ waste . My son has autism so I get where your coming from but my advice is keep it simple and use old fashioned common sense . 👍👍
Thanks, The stable is/will be dry although it is on a Welsh mountainside so even inside can be damp. The idea is to use an oil-based primer once the panes are cut and then good quality masonry paint to keep the OSB sealed. I've left the sheets 2" from the floor and no timberwork is in direct contact with the ground, which will also help I think.

Re autism. I am an Executive Director and criminal-justice/equalities and Diversity lead at Awtistig-DU CBC/Autistic- UK CIC Autistic UK CIC | Autism Support for Adults | Representing Our Community . If you son or you are interested, feel free to make contact via our website. Our community interest company is a Disabled Person's organisation (DPO) so all exec's are ND. We tend to come at ND stuff from an equalities perspective so dealing with inequality in health care, employment, abuse, etc etc. and work with UK govt's as consultants and so on. Thanks again.

Thanks, The stable is/will be dry although it is on a Welsh mountainside so even inside can be damp. The idea is to use an oil-based primer once the panes are cut and then good quality masonry paint to keep the OSB sealed. I've left the sheets 2" from the floor and no timberwork is in direct contact with the ground, which will also help I think.

Re autism. I am an Executive Director and criminal-justice/equalities and Diversity lead at Awtistig-DU CBC/Autistic- UK CIC Autistic UK CIC | Autism Support for Adults | Representing Our Community . If you son or you are interested, feel free to make contact via our website. Our community interest company is a Disabled Person's organisation (DPO) so all exec's are ND. We tend to come at ND stuff from an equalities perspective so dealing with inequality in health care, employment, abuse, etc etc. and work with UK govt's as consultants and so on. Thanks again.
1 -Thanks for your info on your stable , you have addressed the concerns I had regarding osb and damp , 2 - I’ll take a look at the link you have sent on autism but getting my son to engage in anything other than computer games is quite a challenge - I appreciate all help and information on this subject.

Second for maxcut, great and free. You can also get a free plugin for Fusion360 to export cutlists from 3d models if that’s your thing 🤟🏼

1 -Thanks for your info on your stable , you have addressed the concerns I had regarding osb and damp , 2 - I’ll take a look at the link you have sent on autism but getting my son to engage in anything other than computer games is quite a challenge - I appreciate all help and information on this subject.

Do you support adults in England as well as Wales.

Do you support adults in England as well as Wales.
We certainly do. We run peer support sessions (although not usually me) but spend most of our time acting as consultants to the public and third sectors, designing and delivering role-specific training. [email protected] is my work email address if you need to ask more in confidence.

Back