Order completed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Foweraker

Established Member
Reaction score
These are for a new outlet in Glastonbury.
I was told they must be colourful.
DSC00845.jpg

what a wonderfully eclectic mix, superb.

I'm guessing the outlet will be delighted.

Melinda_dd":ib5fmu9l said:
Can We have a brief.. not to complicated!!!...... outline of how you did the pink one!!
New to the decorating thing.

I have just been asked to do a pink vase, I would be perfect if you could show how it was done.

hi George
it is funny ,i always say that i don't like wood messed with and with colour /texture added etc. ,but then i see your posts and am constantly surprised that i really like all of your turnings that you have added texture to and made " colorful ".
seriously george your turnings are wonderful and inspirational , thank you for posting them for us all to see and realise there are many different things to try within this hobby of ours ,there is definitely a lot more to turning a bowl now .
thanks again for showing your latest work.

p.s. the bottom right purple bowl is my favourite of this group of turnings .

cheers
paul-c

Hi Melinda
I hope you have found the time to look at my Blog I hope I have made it easy to follow.
If there is anything that is not clear please feel free to ask.
Hi Jumps
I hope you find the info on my Blog helpful.
I think this would work really well on a vase I will look forward to seeing the result.
Hi Paul.
I found a long time ago that although never texturing or colouring wood is fine but after a while I found it boring.
I think using texture and colour gives you a greater scope to express yourself if that makes sense.

As I have said before there is more info on my Blog inc a stage by stage article on one of the bowls I have made and there will be more to follow. http://wwwartistry-in-wood.blogspot.com/

Regards George

George Foweraker":p0hph89f said:
Hi Jumps
I hope you find the info on my Blog helpful.
I think this would work really well on a vase I will look forward to seeing the result.

Regards George

I think this was aimed at Steven.... but then again I did appreciate the detailed blog entry you made - thank you.

It raised one question for me - how did you mask the purple in the carved elements from over painting by the orange? I would spray the first and pad the second, but you don't make any reference to the application of the orange, or it's structure.

Sorry I got the names mixed up it is old age i expect.
If you look again you will see that i completely over sprayed the piece with the Orange after sanding the purple off the face.
Because the purple is very dark the Orange had very little effect on it.
Padding the top coat on is an option and makes a lot of sense.
Also putting the top coat on with a roller might work.
I never show something and say it is the only way I just show the way i did it.

Regards George

Cheers George,
That's really useful to see how the purple retains definition over-sprayed with the orange.
Appreciate the clarification
Duncan

Back