Open Workshop April 27th

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyD

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of an open workshop day on the 27th of April anyone who wants to come along is welcome. Location is near Boston in Lincolnshire. There's no set itinerary but I was thinking of setting up some veneering demos edging and seeming veneers with handplanes and flat and curved press work. Anyone want to do some trad veneer hammer work? There should be the usual banter, hand tools power tools etc and beer and curry afterwards.

Cheers

Jon

pip1954":1yxg73g6 said:
hi jonny where are you i am in sutterton can any one come
cheers
pip

Yes everyone's welcome. The workshop is just north of Boston in Brothertoft so quite close to you.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jonny
I'd love to come - your last hosting was excellent. Unfortunately I am away walking that weekend, otherwise I'd be at the head of the queue.
I hope it's a great success.
S

I'm up for this Jon, if I can escape the carers.

Not sure about the beer but definitely up for a curry

Any chance of a demo of Maple 2nm edge banding, I'll supply the door, er- hem I mean the mfc

Cheers.

Doug

I'd love to come please Jon, as long as I can get away for the weekend, where are we going for beer and curry?

A bit too far North for me I'm afraid Jon, otherwise I'd love to have come, but what a lovely gesture. I hope you have a brilliant day!

Bumpy

Everything in order for the day. An 11 am start seems quite civilised . I will sort out the barbecue and refreshments anyone else apart from doug veggie? I will post a map later in the week with directions.

Looking forward to it

Cheers

Jon

I'm pig sick!
Not only have I booked, and paid for, a walking weekend, to which I was very much looking forward, I have also fallen and knackered up my knee. I'm on crutches and will have to wear a brace for goodness-knows-how-many months. It hurts like mad and my main diet is paracetamol at the mo.
I shall still go with the walking crew, but will spend the weekend sitting in the Youth Hostel reading and doing crosswords instead of being out and about.
I'd struggle to spend a day standing around in a workshop talking wood, much as I'd like to, as well.
But I hope you all have a terrific day. The last one I went to at Jonny's was excellent.
Toast me a burger.
S

If anyone is interested in using Japanese water stones and its ok with Jon. I can bring my sharpening tackle.

JH

Hope your on the mend soon Steve We have got a hospital bed here if you want to come along :D

That's ok JH

Cheers

Jon

Jon,
Do you mind if I bring some of my excess tools and clamps and have a bit of a boot sale.
I need to get rid of a load of stuff.

Bessey clamps
record sash clamps
sanders
air tools
SCMS
underpants (like new)

doctor Bob":5a7lbly6 said:
Jon,
Do you mind if I bring some of my excess tools and clamps and have a bit of a boot sale.
I need to get rid of a load of stuff.

Bessey clamps
record sash clamps
sanders
air tools
SCMS
underpants (like new)

That's fine bob no probs maybe not the underpants :D

The location is here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Brother ... m&t=h&z=18

It's the yard in the middle with the white van and 4 green silos

Cheers

Jon

Doug B":280u7z89 said:
doctor Bob":280u7z89 said:
underpants (like new)

Are they the Kylie ones you were trying to sell a while back :?:

No they are mine, but with a bit of imagination I'm sure there would be no difference once they are over your head :D

What are we looking out for tomorrow, four green silo's or somebody walking about with some skiddies over their head? :?:

Andy

andersonec":j6v0mb8c said:
What are we looking out for tomorrow, four green silo's or somebody walking about with some skiddies over their head? :?:

Andy

Either of those, though most noticeable will be a midget mincing around as he's gone commando.

Back