Open letter to Axminster Despatch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MickCheese":2k3of4wp said:
contadino":2k3of4wp said:
I have quite a long list of things to get from Axminster, and being outside the UK I have the option to either get them delivered to a friend and picking them up from him or just visiting one of their shops. I've opted to make a small detour and pop into their High Wycombe branch. It's so much simpler.

High Wycombe is not a small detour if you live in Italy! :D

Mick

:lol: Sometime in the next few weeks I'm supposed to be heading for Stoke on a week-long trip. It's the first time in many, many years. The craving for English fish & chips has become overwhelming. :wink:

Carrier problems,
I didnt get a Saturday delivery (some administrive excuse made) but a massive freezer was delivered to my home address one Sunday morning at 7.30am the senior delivery person was a beautiful and athletic young lady who I thought was very obliging. She claimed that her assistant with her was her brother.

Our Parcel Force delivery chap is superb. Friendly, will actually search for us if we're in the garden - can't fault him. He obviously lives locally as I've run into him a couple of times in the local chippy.

Misterfish

Parcel force is fine with me as well, just as well cos none of the others are. Your kit gets dumped in a hauliers store in Glasgow for collection on the one day a week the local chap goes in. Big problem is all the island parcels go in the same bay. My wife had some finals scripts to mark that were eventually found over 200 (Scottish) miles away up on Lewis.
Parcel force just turns up (OK a day late unless special delivery), opens the house door and drops the parcel in. Postie signs the form and your kits waiting for you to come home. None of this "be in at ......." rubbish.

misterfish":123en29n said:
Our Parcel Force delivery chap is superb. Friendly, will actually search for us if we're in the garden - can't fault him. He obviously lives locally as I've run into him a couple of times in the local chippy.

Misterfish

Yup...I can't rate highly enough both drivers - at home and also at the cottage renovation project. At the cottage, there's been an old dishwasher lurking outside. Got in on Monday to find a note through the door saying 'Parcel inside dishwasher'.!!!

I also try to make it easy for them. For example, I know that sometimes I'll go for a before noon delivery but I've told him that if he gets one of those for me and is having to make a special detour to get it to me before noon then not to worry as long as I get it sometime that day. Works wonders.

Back