Open day, any interest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I did an open day last year at my workshop http://www.armstrongjordan.com/. I'm thinking about doing another one as it seemed to go well last year.
It's a commercial workshop so lots of big machines and power tools, not much hand tool stuff but people can bring stuff along to demo.
Lots to play with.
Altendorf panel saw
speed sander
festool / dewalt/ makita etc gear
Sedwick 410 PT
Rip saw
4 sider
4 spindles
edgebander
brookmans dovetailer
spray shop

Lots of useful info on how to do stuff quickly and how bespoke kitchens go together.
Big BBQ last year and tonnes of food, ran from about 11am - 6pm last time.
Possibly in May - june on a sat or sun, herts / essex border near Bishops Stortford, between junction 7-8 of M11

Any interest, I'd like to see interest prior to posting an official date.

Regards Bob

Very interested Bob, and thanks for a second chance as my plans to attend last year were scuppered when it clashed with holidays, I seem to remember. Fingers crossed I have better luck this time.

I'd be really interested in attending this year as well. Wanted to come last year but it clashed with my wedding!

Will Steve Maskery be bringing cake?

Pete

Thanks fellas, I'll have a look at the diary and try and find a free weekend, May june time.
I'll start a new thread when I have a date.

Steve Maskery":wsftyild said:
Only if Securicor are going to be there.

Put me down, please Bob.

But then you won't get to use that fabulous new workshop you've built :shock:

I'd also be keen.......although a long drive from South Wales. Would be happy to give people a lift along the way (M4/M25) in exchange for some beer tokens.

Hi,
I did this last year and was offering to do it again this year.
However in the mean time I have bought a plot of land and will be building a new house, which even at this early stage is very time consuming, I should have posted earlier to say it was not going to go ahead but thought I might be able to squeeze it in, I think the reality is I need to concentrate on the build this year and maybe do an open day again next year.
Apologies to all who were going to come to it.
I'll be boring everyone to death with a new build post. I hoping to do a lot of the wood work.

Back