Onduline roof help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe MikeG or someone can offer some advice whilst I'm building a new shed.

I successfully used the standard 3mm Onduline roofing sheets on a playhouse I built for the kids earlier this year.
IMG_1208.jpg

I'm now building a shed with no windows and I want a section of clear pvc sheeting to use as a roof light. I've seen images where people use the entire sheet from ridge to eaves but as I'm insulating and felting the roof I only want a small section to be clear, such as you'd find in a normal roof/skylight.

I'm thinking that the best way would be to take a full clear sheet from the ridge to the eaves and then overlay a standard roof sheet at the ridge and eaves but with the roof light section cut out of it. I'd also add one of the eaves filler strips just before the cut out section. I'd also add a bit of silicon to the panels. My logic is that this would be the best option to keep the water out.

Am I on the right path or is there a better way? I'd rather not pay for two full clear sheets if I can get away with one but if it's the safest in terms of keeping out water then I suppose that's what I'd do.

Attachments

• IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 111
No problem overlapping sheets and not having them full length as long as you can support them at the joins presuming the roof is at a reasonable pitch. Just have the higher sheet overlapping the lower ones by around 150mm. I think Onduline needs full support underneath with OSB of similar as it sags badly over time.

Beau":3j7nlstf said:
No problem overlapping sheets and not having them full length as long as you can support them at the joins presuming the roof is at a reasonable pitch. Just have the higher sheet overlapping the lower ones by around 150mm. I think Onduline needs full support underneath with OSB of similar as it sags badly over time.

OK thanks.

I followed the guideline for the pitched roof and it was 50mm battens on 600 centres. 5-20 degrees needs to be boarded with OSB.

Latest posts

Back