Old Stanley router 1287

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadhead66

Established Member
Reaction score
I have acquired an old 60`s Stanley router mod.1287. All is Ok except there seems to be no provision for locking the spindle while tightening the collet nut. Could anyone please advise ?
Also I would like to purchase any technical info or manuals for same.
Just got attached to the darn thing while cleaning it up!!!

It is locked by the on off switch i think, either pulled out or pushed in. 30 years since i used one though.

I don't recognise the model number,but if its the aluminium and yellow/black painted type,the advice given above concerning the on/off switch is correct.The switch needs to be lifted a millimetre or two away from the base and pulled away from the body.If an ape has had a serious go at the tightening the slot in the switch can be enlarged or worn round.If the lock still works you have a quality router with the best fine depth adjuster I have ever encountered.

Thank you for the advise Gentlemen. Not sure I would have actually discovered that left to my own devices.
The lock is quite worn, but I can see how to dress it back. This model is all crinkle black with an anodised dark gold logo on the cap. I would think early 60s?
Lovely well built piece of kit, Cost less than a plate of Cod and chips.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back