Old Ipad (A1396) need to transfer all files..help please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
My old ipad... don't know which model has I think got the early 30 pin socket...how do I save all the files to another source?
....any advice much appreciated!

Gerry

My old ipad... don't know which model has I think got the early 30 pin socket...how do I save all the files to another source?

Gerry
You could try uploading them to a cloud server, like one drive, Google drive or an apple drive if there is such a thing.

If you can detect the new iPad on the old one you may be able to simply share the files. It is supposed to work like that for GarageBand, I’m about to try it myself! I think you may have to do each file individually but if, like me, you don’t/won’t use iCloud, or any effin cloud it/ seems the only way. You might try looking into doing an iTunes back up, might work?

If you are getting a new iPad you set the new one up from the old one, I seem to remember taking a photo off a screen on the old one with the new one, it was really simple & everything was transferred.
I'm hopeless with technology but even I managed to follow the instructions & was amazed how quick & easy it was.

Gerry
You have the iPad 2 with cellular cervices
85A78D1B-8B76-47C9-BCC4-31850A233D69.jpeg

and the ways to save files really depends in what else you have. Mac, windows, linux etc.

How much data do you need to move?
It is easy to move files when setting up a new iPad - as others have said Apple provide a facility to do this when you set up the new device.
If that doesn’t work for you, there are a number of cloud storage services available. Apple have their own iCloud service, then there is Microsoft’s OneDrive. Others include Dropbox and Box. All of these have Apps for iPhone/iPad and will allow you to copy or move files to them. They can then be accessed from other devices including Windows PCs and Macs.
Most of these services have free accounts with limited storage but additional storage is usually via a monthly subscription which varies depending on what capacity you need. Personally I have an annual subscription to Office 365 which gives me and my family 1TB cloud storage each.

Back