Old Brass Wadkin motor tags.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tool613

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you know i am trying to rebuild an entire shop of old Wadkin machines from the 40s and 50s. I like to get them as good as I can and that means the machines tags get restored aswell. I have a problem that i need help with and was hoping the men here could help . The rebuild of the 24" Wadkin RM I am working on has motors that where missing and the ones I found had only the cheep motor shop rebuild tags. I was thinking that there may be some gentlemen here that are changing the old wadkin motors for single phase and may have what I am looking for or know where to get them. Can anyone help me find 2 wadkin motor tags that look like the one below . I know its a small detail but it is important to me that I do the machines Justice

DSC_0427.jpg

It does not matter what HP or othere information is on the tag or that they are wadkin LTD or Wadkin & Co.

Men can you help?

jack

Hi Jack, I'm planning a trip to a local scrap metal merchants in search of a new/old motor for my Sagar saw. If I come across anything I'll try and get it. Are you doing a running post on the RM, if so where so I can follow it.
Mark

James thanks i will try that.

Mark I wish you luck. The English machines here in Canada are rare and not many to be found. I really would be in heaven to find some .

rebuild in progress link
post661546.html#p661546

jack

Latest posts

Back