"Oily Glue" - is this a breakthrough, or just more Superglue?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use "oily glue" with or without a activator.
Just as superglue, but takes a tad longer.
I use it all the time when using the painters tape trick to hold down boards on cnc router, never slipped once. I use so often that the branded CA glues became too expensive. Tried an "oily glue" over a year ago, and that's all I get now.

If its finer inlay type work I do get a thin viscosity CA glue fir that type of work.

It's basically super glue with an inert filler powder. Bicarbonate of soda does just the same job. You can also buy coloured powder online to use on black plastic repairs

I'm told that cigerette ash (and one would assume wood ash too?) works very well with superglue, something to do with the carbon content

I use "oily glue" with or without a activator.
Just as superglue, but takes a tad longer.
I use it all the time when using the painters tape trick to hold down boards on cnc router, never slipped once. I use so often that the branded CA glues became too expensive. Tried an "oily glue" over a year ago, and that's all I get now.

If its finer inlay type work I do get a thin viscosity CA glue fir that type of work.
Thank you, very helpful.
Could you please explain "the painters tape trick to hold down boards on cnc router", I don't do anything like that.
Do you buy Oily Glue online - Amazon, Ebay or????
Mike

Could you please explain "the painters tape trick to hold down boards on cnc router"

look on youtube, very common technique, essentially you are making double sided tape by sticking painter's tape back to back. pretty strong side to side but pretty weak when you need to seperate apart, so good for template routing etc

Thank you, very helpful.
Could you please explain "the painters tape trick to hold down boards on cnc router", I don't do anything like that.
Do you buy Oily Glue online - Amazon, Ebay or????
Mike
Normally amazon, this brand, but hunt for best prices,

High Strength Oily Glue,Universal Super Glue,Welding High-Strength Oily Glue, Used For Quick Repair Of Metal, Plastic, Wood, Glass, Jade And So On(50g/pcs) https://amzn.eu/d/5MlYQ0b

This vid explains the technique

Back